Friday, September 11, 2009

Not Stealing My Joy

ok,  so now is the time I get to put into action my faith.  Slow computers, broken dishwasher, phones batteries (notice the plural) dying, no cell phone service at the house, printer died 2 weeks ago, garage refrigerator took up the ghost last night: taking along with it --5 lbs of ground beef, 4 steaks, one pot roast, and numerous ice pops.  The lawn needs mowing, the fence needs fixing, the new kitty is creating havic wherever he can. I can say more, but I fear I would be too exposed.

 These are the "cares of this world"....  praise the Lord, all these things are temporary.  I declare that my hope, my future, my goals are not of this world.  My view is for eternity.
             And I can go to the altar of God. To God, my exceeding joy; And I will praise You with the             harp, O God, my God (Psm 43:4). 
      As a result of these concerns I choose to go to the altar and identify with Him.  I consent to Him directing my ways. He knows my needs.  His need, however is to work Himself into me as my life and my everything so that I can take Him as my person, live Him and express Him.  That is the desire of God's heart and the focal point of the bible.  I chose to keep my Joy inspite of all these worldly worries.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment